dr Ariel Mucha – legal advisor (Of counsel)
- international company law and capital market law
- EU economic law
Assistant professor at the Institute of Law, Administration and Economics of the Pedagogical University of Cracow.
Doctor of law at the Jagiellonian University (specialization in commercial law) on the basis of the defense of his doctoral thesis entitled: “Cross-border mobility of companies in European Union and Polish law”. In 2018, he received a scholarship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg).
He completed legal studies at the Jagiellonian University with a very good result, and his master’s thesis entitled “Corporate governance codes” was awarded in the Commercial Law Review competition for the best master’s theses defended in 2013.
Graduate of the American Law Program 2015–16 (Jagiellonian University—Catholic University of America), as well as postgraduate studies in English and European law organized by the Jagiellonian University in Cracow in collaboration with the British Law Center (Cambridge University).
Scientific activity and achievements:
Author of several dozen publications related to international company law, including publications in renowned European journals and science publishing houses, such as European Company and Financial Law Review (ECFR), European Company Law (ECL), Springer.
For many years he has been a scientific collaborator of the Allerhand Institute in Cracow (Section of Company Law and Capital Market Law).
In 2015, he was a member of the team awarded the second place in the Lewiatan Arbitration Competition organised by the Court of Arbitration at the Polish Confederation of Private Employers Lewiatan, additionally winner of the first prize for the best response to a lawsuit and the second prize for the best lawsuit.
- co-author of international reports commissioned by the European Commission (Study on minority shareholders protection 2018; Sustainable Market Actors for Responsible Trade 2019; Study on Letterbox Companies 2019), as well as expert opinions on legislative proposals,
- certified advisor in Alternative Trading System (Warsaw Stock Exchange) in the years 2014–2017,
- economic and civil law:
- day-to-day support of entrepreneurs and corporate consulting,
- court proceedings:
- managing litigation (strategy, preparation of letters),
- competition law:
- advising on cases concerning abuse of dominant position and agreements restricting competition,
- intellectual property law and new media law:
- advising on disputes related to databases protection,
- advising on disputes with collective copyright management organizations.
- English (CAE, IELTS—8)